Friday, June 19, 2015

Trader Joe's Roasted Coconut Chips




Special note: This is Day 6 of what I'm calling Coconut Week--seven days of reviews of Trader Joe's products that are derived from coconuts. 



Nothing complicated here. Coconut chips are exactly what you'd expect: thin slices of coconut meat apparently soaked in coconut milk, then roasted.

They are, of course, tasty--assuming that you like coconut. (And who doesn't?) I have had them only by themselves, as a snack, though one could presumably use them as a topping, similar to shredded coconut.

I like them just fine, though it's a snack that I tire of quickly.

Will I buy it again? 

Sure, once in a while.


Nina's View

These are perfect: not excessively sweet, a little salty, crunchy and coconutty. I now buy a bag from time to time as a treat. They make a nice addition to fruit compote and trail mix. They are snackable out of hand. My only objections is that I think they are overpriced for the quantity you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment