Sunday, March 15, 2015

Trader Joe's Cinnamon Schoolbook Cookies



I had noticed these cookies at TJ's several times while picking up tubs of Triple Ginger Snaps. I had never bought any for what I now recognize was a pretty silly reason: They reminded me of Alpha-Bits cereal, and while I don't mind Alpha-Bits, I didn't think cookies tasting like cereal would be very good. That's probably a sound conclusion, but built on the terribly faulty premise that the way something looks will govern how it tastes.

Recently a TJ's flyer featured these cookies, so I decided to cast off my silly assumption and give them a try.

I'm glad I did. I don't love them the way I do the ginger snaps, but they're pretty good. They're somewhat like snickerdoodles, though less buttery, and more crisp. And shaped like letters, for no discernible reason. They're so small that it's easy to eat a whooooooooooole lot of them before you notice that the cookie level in the tub has dropped dangerously.

Will I buy it again? 

Probably once in a while, though not something I'm going to make a point of keeping on hand regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment