Saturday, March 28, 2015

Trader Joe's Quinoa And Black Bean Infused Tortilla Chips



How far we've come from potato chips--or even from run-of-the-mill tortilla chips. Now corn isn't exotic enough, so they're incorporating black beans and quinoa. At least they are at Trader Joe's.

Fortunately, this is one instance where the exoticification process has resulted in an improvement. These are truly excellent chips. They have the baseline corn flavor, but the other ingredients add interesting new flavors and complexity. They're just salty enough, not oily at all. The hexagonal shape is both convenient for scooping up some hummus and easy to bite into, or pop into one's mouth whole. And they're attractive, to boot.

I find nothing not to love here. I rate them only a hair's breadth below my all-time favorite chips, TJ's veggie/flaxseed tortilla chips--and there were times I was chewing on one and thought that they might even be a mite better. They're a serious challenger, anyway, and worthy of elevation into my Top Ten list (which, as I feel I need to occasionally remind readers, is in no way limited to ten items).

Will I buy it again? 

I already have, and will many more times, I'm sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment