Sunday, March 22, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chip Rounds



Most of the TJ's products that grab my attention are the sorts of things that you just won't find anywhere else--the kind of madcap product that makes you wonder, "Who thought up this thing?"

But once in a while I discover something in the store that is so plain it seems out of place. This is such an item. The number of different yellow corn tortilla chip brands on the market must be, I dunno, about a billion. Do we really need another one?

In this case, yes. The fact that these are organic will matter to a lot of TJ's shoppers, though it's mostly irrelevant to me. What I care about is that these seem perfect. The size, shape, crispiness, and thickness are just right. They managed to get just the right amount of salt and oil. The flavor is a lot richer, less artificial and one-notey (it's a word!) than in most similar products I've had in the past *CoughTostitosCough*.

There's nothing exotic here. But if you want a simple corn tortilla chip done exactly right at a reasonable price ($2.69, to be exact), here's what you've been looking for.

Will I buy it again? 

Definitely.

1 comment:

  1. I am not a fan of the bland tasting Tostidos tortilla chips, so I am thankful for your review of these TJ's tortilla chips. I have added them to my next TJ's shopping list.

    ReplyDelete