Thursday, October 29, 2015

Trader Joe's Chocolate Mousse Pumpkins



Amid all the Trader Joe's pumpkin madness I've seen on Twitter, Facebook, and TJ's blogs, I had never seen anybody mention these things, so it was quite a surprise to encounter them on the baked-goods table at the Asheville store Tuesday. The one seasonal item that nobody else has discovered yet!

I really didn't expect much of them. I thought they were likely to be cheap-tasting, oriented to kids' palates, and immediately forgettable. But they looked fun to try anyway. The worst that could happen would be that I'd get to amuse myself telling you how bad they are.

But--SURPRISE! They're quite wonderful. As the label says, the base is a rich, moist chocolate cake, topped with a bit of chocolate mousse. There's no pumpkin, except for the shape and coloring of the exterior coating.

I assume these will be available for only a very short time, so if this description appeals to you, get thee to the nearest TJ's post-haste and find them while you can.

Will I buy it again? 

If he has the time, Doctor. If he has the time.*


*Random, gratuitous Star Trek reference. Google it.


Nina's View

These get points for being better than expected, but then get points taken away for not having any pumpkin or pumpkin spice flavor at all—which, if done right, might actually have been delicious.

They are okay, maybe even slightly better than okay, but do not rise to the level where I'd ever consider buying them myself.


1 comment:

  1. My husband and I love these. They also have them at Easter in Easter egg shapes.

    ReplyDelete