Friday, October 2, 2015

Trader Joe's Really Expensive Authentic Handcrafted Chicken Burritos



Here we are at Day 6 of Mexican Week. 



I saw somebody on Twitter giggling about the funny name of this product. I wasn't sure whether to believe it at first. Even given Trader Joe's well-known penchant for quirky product names, would they actually put "really expensive" in the name of an item?

Yes. Yes, they would. I Googled the name, found this review, and knew that I had to try me some.

Let's first clear the air about that "really expensive" descriptor. They're not. This package of two (each one of which is plenty for a meal) costs $2.69.

Are they great? No. They're merely adequate. I heated them in the oven, which I'm sure gets better results than the microwave method. As a result, I got a nicely browned tortilla wrap with no sogginess, and even heating throughout. But they had had a working over by the Trader Joe's Blandification Committee. There's nothing to offend the taste buds, but nothing to excite them, either.

Will I buy it again? 

I won't rule it out altogether, but I'm not planning on it.

1 comment:

  1. I brought the Trader Joe's chicken burrito for work to eat for lunch but I didn't have the instructions on how to microwave it and I googled the name of the burrito and your blog showed up. Great blog by the way. I remember buying these burritos in the past. Eating it now I see why I stopped purchasing them. They are a little spicy, but I agree bland. It tastes like it's missing something. Its not enough chicken to my liking. I'm surprised to see on the picture of the packaging you have that it has tomatoes and onions because I can't taste them.

    ReplyDelete