Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Popcorn With Olive Oil


This is perfectly decent for bagged popcorn, but nothing special. In fact, it's kind of boring. Not because there's anything wrong with it, but because it's just popcorn. I can't tell that being cooked in olive oil instead of something else makes any meaningful difference in the final product, though that may be just because I'm a troglodyte.

If I'm going to buy a bag of popcorn instead of make my own, I want it to be something I can't easily concoct myself--like the wonderful TJ's caramel popcorn, or the nearly-as-wonderful TJ's popcorn with herbs and spices.

Will I buy it again? 

Not for myself. I suppose that if somebody asked me to bring some sort of commercial popcorn to a party or something (not that this ever happens), this would be a fine choice. Other than that, I don't think it has a place in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand buying already popped popcorn in general... However i do make an exception for the kettle corn which I have yet to properly duplicate at home
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete