Thursday, October 8, 2015

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Joe-Joe's



We are now up to Day 5 of New and Seasonal Products Week. This is not new, having been introduced last fall, but it is only seasonally available. 



I didn't mind the flavor of these. In fact, it's rather nice. But they are just way too sweet. The sweetness hit like a sugar bomb on first tasting. I've had more on two subsequent days, and the bombing feels a little less intense, but it's still excessive.

Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

Yearning to adopt a needle-based lifestyle? Eat these cookies.

There may be some flavor buried in there (personally, I think it's some stray aromatics coming in via the nose), but it's negligible. All I taste is sugar sugar sugar sugar. Which is too bad, because conceptually this is a good idea. In practice: run like the wind.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. These are in my top 5 TJs pumpkin items. On my 3rd box now. You just need some milk to cut the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confident that ours is a minority opinion, and yours the majority opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention that wretched apostrophe problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get ahead of me. That's tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's also worth mentioning that these are a much smaller package than regular joe-joe's yet the same price. Too sweet for me too yet they evaporated quickly from my office kitchen...!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete