Monday, October 5, 2015

Trader Joe's Magic Beans



This is Day 2 of New and Seasonal Products Week. 


This is a brand-new product from Trader Joe's--so new that it's not even shown on the company's web site yet. [Edit: Now it's up, here.]

These are lovely little morsels of goodness. You've got three different colors, though they don't seem to be of different flavors. Perfectly simple: chocolate outside, and crunchy "nougat" inside. I didn't know that nougat could be crunchy, as my only life experience with it is in things like Three Musketeers bars.

They are delicious and satisfying. Go buy some.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes.


Nina's View

You know those fairy tales where the country bumpkin trades away his family's one and only cow for a bag of magic beans, and everyone is very cross with him, but then it all works out in the end, happily ever after, etc? Well, THESE ARE THOSE BEANS, except they aren't actually magical and they are for immediate consumption, not planting (which would be a waste).

I will confess that I am in the middle of a Carb Rage, what with the autumnal season and all, so my usual lack of excitement over chocolate is at a low ebb. This causes me to look with more than usual favor upon products of the (cacao) bean at this time. Still, I expect that had I encountered these at a different quadrant of the calendar, I would still have found them appealing.

Made in France. Need I say more?

The best thing about them is that they are not a compulsive munchable. They are rich and satisfying, so three or four make a perfect serving size. I elevate them to Nina's Top Ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment